Aadhaar, considered one of the most important identification documents in India, recently announced a new feature that will bring relief to many registered users.
The Aadhaar includes important details of citizens including full name, permanent address, and date of birth, all linked to a unique 12-digit number which is issued by UIDAI.
The Aadhaar is considered an important document for its usage as an identity proof across different sectors.
There are two types of Aadhaar cards – one is for adults and the other is for children, it is called the ‘Baal Aadhaar’. Parents can also apply for Baal Aadhaar for a newborn. Follow the step-by-step guide given below to register for a Blue Aadhaar card:
What Is a Blue Aadhaar Card?
For enrolling a child below the age of 5 for the Blue Aadhaar card, the child’s birth certificate and the Aadhaar card number of one of the parents are required, according to UIDAI.
As Biometrics is not developed for children before five years of age, a child’s blue-coloured Aadhaar data does not include biometric information like fingerprints and iris scans. Once the child crosses the age of five, biometrics should be updated, according to the UIDAI official.
Blue Aadhar Card will also carry a 12-digit number for children below five years of age. It will become invalid once the child crosses the age of five.
How to apply for a Blue Aadhar Card? Step-by-step guide
1. Firstly, collect all necessary documents like address proof and birth certificate of the child before visiting the nearby Aadhar card enrollment centre.
2. Then book your appointment at the Aadhar card enrollment centre if applicable or visit directly.
3. Get the enrollment form and fill it up and attach the documents along with it. Parents need to provide their own Aaadhar information.
4. Also provide a mobile number for the purpose of registering for a Blue Aadhar Card.
5. After that, a photo of the child will be clicked at the enrollment centre.
5. Child’s ‘Aadhaar’ will be linked to the UID (Aadhaar card number) of his/her parents
6. All documents will be verified at the enrollment centre.
7. After confirmation, collect an acknowledgement slip. A text message will also be received on the registered mobile number mentioned above.
8. Within 60 days of registration, the Aadhaar card number will be issued to the newborn child.